don’t define the audience by traditional demographics (gender, race, age, income, class) but by lifestyle choices/beliefs/preferences. it can’t be college kids exclusively. give me consumer preferences, social status, hobbies/activities/affinity groups and why.
must be screen-based, designer-controlled linear narrative.
resolution: 1280 px x 720 px (hd) (called HDV 720p in imovie when you start a new file)
required audience info:
- values and identity (purpose, relevant beliefs, sense of belonging)
- visual symbolic codes
- communications styles based on language and speech (slang/jargon, body language/gestures, literacy/education level, etc)
- preferred media and distribution channels of communication
required subject info:
anything that will communicate the basic idea of your subject matter.
communication channels available to you are image, text, voice, music sound effects.
project objectives for grading:
- construct messages over time that address stated communication objectives
- apply the communicative potential of the various communication channels (image, text, voice, music, sound effects) to classroom projects
due wed, sept 1 before the start of class
quicktime movie dropped in my cas dropbox and posted to your blog.